New Year’s Eve Party Tips & Ideas
This New Year’s Eve, usher out the old and welcome the new with an unforgettable celebration. From drinks to décor, we’ve put together some of our favorite recipes, tricks and tips for hosting a New Year’s Eve party.
New Year’s Decorating Ideas
Are you enjoying a small party with a few friends or hosting an elegant affair for all to join? Whatever the size of your bash, create a fun and celebratory atmosphere with balloons, paper lanterns, backdrops, party poppers and other festive props. To make sure you’re ringing in the New Year with style, choose a theme and stick to it. You can even ask guests to dress up to match the theme! Not sure where to start? Consider one of these New Year’s party themes:
- Go for the Gold: deck your house out in all gold everything. From the champagne to the décor, you’ll feel like royalty all night. For dessert, serve Eggnog Truffle Pops covered in gold sprinkles.
- Disco Fever: Dance the night away under a disco ball and throw on a funky 70s playlist to start the New Year in style. Keep the drinks as colorful as the outfits by serving Champagne Fireworks.
- Masquerade: Enjoy a night of mystery and glam with a classic masquerade. You can even set up a mask decorating station. Keep the night chic with Murray’s Stovetop Fondue and Sage French 75.
- Winter Wonderland: Transform your home into an enchanting winter wonderland with snowflake décor and pine garlands. Stick with light blues and silver for the color scheme, and don’t forget the hot chocolate bar.
New Year’s Eve Drinks
Take your toast to the next level with a signature cocktail. Or let guests mix their own drinks by setting up a champagne bar with different varieties of champagne, mixers and garnishes. Not sure what to serve? Try one of these festive party drinks:
- Warm Rum Punch: This warmly spiced take on an adults-only classic is loaded with rich flavor.
- Raspberry Champagne Cocktails: Decadent raspberry liqueur gets a kick from icy vodka and fizzy champagne.
- Classic Champagne Cocktail: An uncomplicated lemon twist garnish turns this champagne drink into a truly fashionable libation.
- Holiday Champagne Punch: Perfect for all-ages gatherings, this holiday-inspired punch can be served with or without the champagne.
- Blackberry Champagne Sparkler: Blackberries and rosemary sprigs bring this fizzy beverage to new heights.
New Year’s Eve Appetizers
Whether arranging a New Year’s charcuterie board or baking up your favorite hot dip, no celebration is complete without a few irresistible appetizers. Here are some must-have New Year’s Eve finger foods to add to your party menu:
- Spicy Garlic Pull Apart Bread: Is there any occasion that isn’t improved with a side of cheesy bread?
- Murray’s Baked Brie: Simple, delicious and warming, this cheesy app is a guaranteed hit.
- Italian Pesto Snack Board: A few Italian essentials come together to create a snack board with perfectly balanced flavor.
- Murray’s Raclette Party-at-Home: Derived from the French verb racler, meaning “to scrape,” raclette cheese is made to be melted and scraped over your favorite foods.
New Year’s Eve Desserts
Complete your dinner menu with decadent and delicious desserts – because who doesn’t want to end the year on a sweet note?
- Countdown Clock Cheesecake: Tick tock! It’s all about the clock. Save time before your party by starting with ready-to-enjoy cheesecake. Then, add a fancy ganache and a clock face to count down to the New Year.
- Pull Apart Champagne Bottle Cupcakes: Easy to make and easy to serve, pull-apart cakes can be assembled and decorated ahead of time.
- Champagne Cream Mini Trifles: Using premade angel food cake and instant pudding keeps this treat quick and easy.
- Champagne Parfaits: Serve these fruit-and-champagne parfaits in flute-shaped glasses for an extra touch of class.