DIY Football Field Drink Tray
Created by: Carrie Robinson, Frugal Foodie Mama
Regardless of who you are rooting for in the big game, I think we can agree on one thing: The food and the drinks are the best part of hosting or attending a game-day party.
We love having friends and family over to cheer on our favorite team. Usually each guest will bring a little something to the party, and we’ll provide the main dish, a snack or two and the drinks.
This game day, I will be serving up drinks to my favorite football fans using this fun and functional Football Field Drink Tray. I decorated the rectangular lid of a large green Tupperware bin to look like a football field, and the container holds ice to keep the drinks nice and cold through each play of the game. Serve up your game-day libations in this easy-to-make drink tray, and you are sure to score a touchdown with your party guests.
Things You’ll Need:
- 1 Home Sense® Extra Large Rectangle Container (128 fl. oz.) with lid
- Green spray paint
- Precision craft knife
- White oil-based marker with a medium point
- 1 package Home Sense® Elegant Plastic Cups (40 cups)
- Cut one of the plastic cups in half around the center of the cup. Use the wider part of the bottom half of the cup to draw 3 circles into the lid of the container, using care to not position the holes too close together. Using a craft knife, carefully cut out each circle. In a well-ventilated room or outdoors, spray the top of the lid with the green spray paint. (My storage containers came with red lids. If your Home Sense containers have green lids, you can skip this). Let dry according to the spray paint manufacturer's directions; then spray on a second coat if needed. Let dry overnight.
- Once the lid is dry, use a straightedge or ruler to draw 7 lines down the lid using the white marker. Label the 50-yard line and one of the end zones. Let the marker ink dry completely.
- Fill the container about two-thirds of the way with ice. Snap on the painted lid. Fill 3 of the plastic cups with ice and the beverages of your choice. Set each glass down into the holes in the lid. Use the drink tray to serve drinks to guests and to keep the drinks cold. Refill with more drinks once all 3 beverages have been served.