- Leinenkugel's Grapefruit Shandy Beer
Leinenkugel's Grapefruit Shandy Beer
In May 1867, the Leinenkugel family brewery was founded in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin by Jacob Leinenkugel. He was a family man driven by an iron work ethic, and he knew that his German family heritage would play an integral part of his brewery’s success. Today, the sixth generation of Leinenkugel’s continues to brew some of the same family-inspired recipes that Jacob poured his heart and soul into. Over the years, our family has grown and so has our brewery, but our history and heritage remain at the forefront. The shandy was first introduced by Franz Kugler after a bicycle race in Munich in 1922. His tavern was overrun by thirsty cyclists, so he cut his beer with lemonade and soda so they wouldn't run out. This inspired us to combine our Weiss beer with natural fruit flavors to create our refreshing and delicious Shandys, which you can find here. Cheers! A crisp and refreshing fruit beer perfect for a long summer day, family BBQ, a fall picnic, or holiday get togethers.
- Leinenkugel Grapefruit Shandy is a lager fruit beer
- Crisp weiss beer with natural grapefruit flavor
- Crisp, refreshing grapefruit beer perfect for any day drinking occasion
- Refreshing wheat beer perfect for your favorite holidays, including Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Winter Holidays, and New Year's
- Summer shandy brewed with pale and wheat malt and cluster hops