Ancho Chile Chicken
A quick and easy marinade gives this chicken bold, Mexican-inspired flavor with a pleasantly spicy kick. Serve with rice or your favorite side for a delicious dinner.
Serves: 4Prep: 2 hours 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 pounds boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons ancho chile powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin powder
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- In large bowl, toss together chicken, ancho chile powder, cumin and salt. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- In large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, coat with thin layer of vegetable oil. Working in batches, arrange thighs in a single layer. Do not overcrowd.
- Cover and cook until crust forms, about 5 minutes. Uncover, flip and continue cooking another 3–4 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove chicken from skillet; let rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut chicken into ½” cubes. Reserve in bowl with any accumulated juices. Season with salt to taste. Garnish with chopped cilantro.