Baked Baby Sweet Potatoes with Pecan Butter and Toasted Marshmallow
In this sweet and satisfying gluten-free dish from Chef Paul Sturkey, each mini sweet potato is loaded with a non-dairy, plant-based cinnamon-pecan butter and perfectly toasted marshmallow fluff.
Serves: 6Prep: 20 minutesCook: 50 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 5 mini sweet potatoes, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon plant-based butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pecans pieces
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 4 tablespoons Marshmallow Creme
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with foil.
- Toss sweet potatoes with olive oil; arrange on prepared baking sheet. Bake 40 minutes or until fork tender. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes. Keep oven on.
- Mix together softened butter, pecans, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Using a paring knife, slice open tops of sweet potatoes. Spread butter mixture inside each sliced potato. Top with marshmallow fluff.
- Using a mini torch, carefully brown marshmallow fluff.
- Return potatoes to oven 10 minutes to heat through.