Black Bean and Chorizo Sheet Pan Nachos
“Nacho” average dinner, these loaded nachos are piled high with chorizo, black beans, melted cheese, avocado and a cilantro cream that’ll have you coming back for seconds (and thirds, and fourths). For a milder take, swap the chorizo with taco-seasoned ground beef.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound chorizo
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 bag (10 oz.) sturdy tortilla chips
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican-blend cheese, divided
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- Shredded lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 lime, juiced
- Position oven rack in center and preheat to 400°F.
- In medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook chorizo, breaking up with back of spoon, for 5 minutes or until no longer pink (safe internal temperature 160°F). Drain and discard grease. Mix in black beans and tomatoes; simmer until saucy, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread chips evenly over sheet pan. Toast 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle half the cheese over chips. Top with dollops of chorizo-bean mixture, then remaining cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, 5–7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine sour cream, 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro and lime juice to create cilantro cream sauce. Set aside.
- Top nachos with avocado and cilantro. Drizzle with cilantro cream. Serve with lettuce on side. Refrigerate any leftovers.