Blueberry Lemon Oatmeal Cookies
A hint of lemon and fresh plump blueberries are a welcome change in a classic oatmeal cookie.
Serves: 20Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup blueberries, washed
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line baking pans with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add butter, sugars, egg, vanilla and lemon zest; beat on medium until light and fluffy. Add flour, baking soda, salt and oats. Mix until just combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Using a 1½ tablespoon cookie scoop, divide dough onto prepared baking pans; flatten slightly. Bake 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown on the bottom. Let stand on pans for 1-2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.