Savory beef patties take on the flavors of a sweet bourbon glaze and a dash of black pepper keeps things spicy!
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup bourbon
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus an extra pinch, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices (¾ oz. each) sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 leaves red leaf lettuce
- 8 red onion rings
- 4 Bakery Fresh Pretzel Hamburger Buns, split
- To make glaze, in a small bowl, whisk together bourbon, brown sugar and freshly ground pepper.
- Coat grill grate with cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- To make burgers, in a bowl, gently mix together beef, salt and pinch of pepper; form into 4 patties. Grill patties 4 minutes; brush surface generously with glaze; flip burger. Brush surface generously with glaze; grill 5 minutes. Flip again; grill 3 minutes longer until internal temperature of patty is 145°F or desired doneness.
- Serve burgers topped with cheese, lettuce and onion in buns. Refrigerate leftovers.