Classic Beer Cheese Dip
This irresistible cheese dip is perfect with a warm soft pretzel, tortilla chips or even fresh veggies. Try making it using your go-to beer (or a nonalcoholic beer if preferred). It’s a delicious appetizer for your next get-together.
Serves: 12Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. onion powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup beer
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, add butter, flour, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne pepper. Whisk until smooth, then slowly stir in milk and beer. Continue cooking until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low and add cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese and Gruyere cheese. Stir until smooth.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.