Crostini with Goat Cheese and Roasted Beet Hearts
This simple and heart-y appetizer can’t be beet! Roast the beets and toast the baguette ahead of time, then assemble the crostini just before serving.
Serves: 24Prep: 15 minutesCook: 1 hour 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 pounds beets, scrubbed clean and green tops removed (about 3 large beets)
- 1 tablespoon Kroger® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 24 baguette slices, lightly toasted (from 1 lb. baguette)
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup arugula
- Kroger® Balsamic Vinegar
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Coat beets with oil and wrap individually in aluminum foil. Place on rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast 1-1¼ hours or until beets are just tender when pierced with fork. Carefully unwrap and let cool 45 minutes.
- Peel beets. Slice into ¼” slices. With small, heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut beets into heart shapes.
- In small bowl, stir together goat cheese and honey. Spread goat cheese mixture on toast slices.
- Arrange arugula and beets over goat cheese.
- Drizzle with vinegar.