Eggnog Truffle Pops
Holiday favorites of buttery pound cake, eggnog and white chocolate combine in these easy-to-do cake pops.
Serves: 28Prep: 40 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (10.75 oz.) pound cake, frozen, thawed
- 4 ounces Original Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons eggnog
- 1 teaspoon imitation rum flavor
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, plus additional for garnish
- 1 package (11.5 oz.) Private Selection™ White Chocolate Chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Lollipop sticks
- Cut dark crusts from cake and discard. Cut remaining cake into 1” pieces.
- Place cake pieces in medium mixing bowl. Mix on low speed 30 seconds or until crumbly. Beat in cream cheese, eggnog, rum extract and nutmeg on low speed until blended.
- Line rimmed baking pan with waxed paper. Shape cake mixture into 1” balls. Place on baking pan. Insert lollipop stick into center of each ball but do not push all the way through. Freeze at least 1 hour.
- In a medium microwavable bowl, microwave white chocolate chips and shortening on High 45 seconds. Stir vigorously. Continue microwaving at 15 second intervals, stirring well after each interval, until melted and smooth.
- Dip and roll each ball in white chocolate, shaking off excess chocolate. Immediately add sprinkles, cake shots or dust with additional nutmeg.
- Place sticks into Styrofoam block or box. Let stand 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Cover and refrigerate up to 5 days.