Game Day Cake Pops
With rich and fudgy devil’s food cake on the inside, hard candy coating on the outside and easy-to-grab sticks for every guest, these sports-themed cake pops are ready for game time.
Serves: 48Prep: 1 hour 40 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 2 hours 10 minutes
- 1 box (16.5 oz.) Delicious Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1 (16 oz.) Rich & Creamy Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- 2 bags (10 oz.) chocolate or vanilla candy coating
- 48 skewers
- White decorating icing, as needed
- Chocolate decorating icing, as needed
- Red decorating icing, as needed
- Food coloring
- In 9”x13” baking pan, prepare cake mix according to package instructions. Let cool completely.
- In food processor or by hand, crumble cake. Stir in chocolate frosting. Form mixture into 1½” football, basketball or baseball shapes. Arrange on baking sheet.
- Place a skewer into the bottom of each cake pop. Freeze 30 minutes.
- In microwave-safe dish, place melting wafers. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each addition, until smooth.
- Working one at a time, carefully dip cake pops into melted chocolate or vanilla to coat completely. Allow chocolate to dry.
- Decorate each cake pop with desired icing to represent your favorite sport!
- Serve and store leftovers in an airtight container.