Greek Chickpea Foil Packs
Nutritious chickpeas and vegetables are grilled in foil packets to flavorful perfection. This Mediterranean-inspired meal is gluten-free and leaves behind zero mess.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 1 yellow squash, sliced into rounds
- 2 Roma tomatoes, cut into 1” pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Greek seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Heat grill to medium. Using aluminum foil, create two packets; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine chickpeas, red onion, bell pepper, zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture equally into foil packets. Place a few slices of lemon on each mixture; pinch packets closed.
- Grill 15 to 20 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Refrigerate leftovers.