Grilled Curry Tilapia with Mango Yogurt
The inspiration for the mango yogurt sauce in this recipe is raita, a condiment commonly found in India that combines tangy yogurt and fresh vegetables. It’s often served alongside spicy dishes to help cool the heat.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup plain unsweetened yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup mango, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tbsp. red onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 4 Boneless & Skinless Tilapia
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 tsp. curry powder, *2-3 tsp
- In a bowl stir together yogurt, mango, cucumber, onion, cilantro and ¼ teaspoon salt. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Lightly oil the grill grates.
- Coat tilapia with oil and season with curry powder and remaining ¾ teaspoon salt.
- Place fish on the grill; cook for about 4-5 minutes or until fish releases easily. Flip and cook and additional 2-4 minutes or until internal temperature reaches at least 145°F and the fish flakes easily.
- Serve fish with yogurt sauce.
- Refrigerate leftovers.