Grilled Green Chicken Tikka Skewers
This variation on tikka masala swaps out tomatoes for fresh green herbs and yogurt to create a delicious take on the classic dish. Serve over rice or with warm naan for a filling meal.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for at least 20 minutes
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup mint
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 1 pound Simple Truth™ Natural Boneless & Skinless Chicken Breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- White Rice
- Place cilantro, mint, jalapeno, ginger, garlic, salt, garam masala, lemon juice and yogurt in a blender. Blend until mostly smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and coat chicken pieces in the marinade. Marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread chicken onto the soaked skewers. Discard excess marinade.
- Oil grill grates. Grill chicken 14-17 minutes, turning occasionally or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Refrigerate leftovers.