Grilled Hatch Chile Chicken Wings
This recipe calls for freshly roasted Hatch chiles, but if they’re unavailable you can also use Anaheim or Cubanelle chiles. Canned, jarred or frozen Hatch chiles are also a great substitute.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 tbsp. paleo-friendly avocado oil mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp. lime juice, divided
- 2 tbsp. Simple Truth Organic™ Cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp. lime zest
- 1⁄4 tsp. onion powder
- 2 1⁄4 tsp. salt, divided
- 1⁄2 cup roasted hatch chiles, pureed
- 2 tbsp. Simple Truth Organic™ Honey
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 pounds chicken wings
- To roast chiles, heat grill to medium-high heat. Grill chiles 6-10 minutes, turning occasionally until lightly charred but not completely blackened. Transfer chiles to a bowl covered with plastic wrap and allow to rest for at least 10 minutes. Remove and discard blackened skin and seeds.
- In a small bowl stir together mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon lime juice, cilantro, lime zest, onion powder and ¼ teaspoon salt. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a shallow container or gallon-size food safe bag combine chiles, remaining 3 tablespoons lime juice, 2 tablespoons honey, avocado oil, garlic, remaining 2 teaspoons salt, pepepr and chicken wings. Toss to combine ingredients and coat the wings. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 6 hours.
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Grill 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally, until internal temperature reaches 165° F.
- Serve grilled wings with cilantro lime sauce.
- Refrigerate leftovers.