Grilled Seafood Skewers with Spicy Smoked Remoulade
Remoulade is a traditional French sauce similar to tartar sauce. However, this Louisiana favorite turns the flavor up even more with the addition of spices and heat.
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 7 minutesTotal: 22 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 parsley, finely chopped and divided
- 1 tbsp. shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. whole grain mustard
- 1 tbsp. pickled jalapeños, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. pickled jalapeño brine
- 1⁄2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1⁄4 tsp. salt, divided
- 12 oz. Wild Caught Sea Scallops, thawed and patted dry
- 16 oz. Raw Tail-Off Peeled and Deveined Large Shrimp, thawed and patted dry
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 6 6 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for at least 20 minutes
- Heat grill to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon parsley, shallots, mustard, jalapeños, lemon juice, brine, smoked paprika, garlic powder and ¼ teaspoon salt. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a mixing bowl, toss together scallops, shrimp, oil, lemon zest, pepper, and remaining 1 tablespoon parsley and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Divide scallops and shrimp among skewers.
- Oil grill grate and place skewers on the grill. Cook, turning occasionally, 7-10 minutes or until scallops are slightly firm to the touch and shrimp turn bright pink.
- Serve skewers with remoulade sauce.
- Refrigerate leftovers.