Grilled Tuna Skewers
Reel in the complements when you serve up this delicious grilled tuna and an as-spicy-as-you-want-it-to-be jalapeño sauce.
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 La Brea Take & Bake French Dinner Rolls
- 1 (8 oz.) high-quality tuna steak
- 5 jalapeño peppers
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 5 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup plus 1 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 3⁄4 cup cilantro with stems, optional
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 8 wooden skewers
- 1⁄4 cup micro-greens or other delicate greens
- Preheat outdoor grill or stovetop grill pan to medium heat.
- Slice rolls into 1”-wide slices. Using 2 skewers at a time, skewer 3 slices bread flat with crumb side (inside of bread) against work surface. Repeat with remaining bread and skewers. Brush each with olive oil.
- Grill until bread has grill marks and is slightly toasted. Remove; set aside.
- Brush tuna with remaining olive oil. Grill 2 minutes; flip. Continue grilling 1-2 minutes for medium-rare temperature. Set aside.
- In blender or food processor, pulse together jalapeños, garlic, lime juice and salt until puréed. With motor running, slowly drizzle in 1 teaspoon oil until thick sauce forms. Add cilantro; pulse until chopped and incorporated.
- Slice tuna crosswise into ½ slices; lay one slice on each piece of bread. Top with small dollop of sauce and micro-greens.