Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
This quick and easy chicken soup recipe is a great way to use up leftover chicken and get dinner on the table in no time.
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄3 cup orzo
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- In a 3-quart sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion, celery, carrots, salt and pepper; sauté 3-5 minutes until fragrant.
- Add chicken broth, chicken, lemon juice and zest; bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Add orzo and cook 9-10 minutes until pasta is done and vegetable are tender. Stir in parsley; adjust seasoning to taste. Refrigerate leftovers.