Mini Pizza Bagels
Frozen bread dough makes a great shortcut for these easy homemade bagels. Once baked, top them with pizza sauce, cheese and your favorite toppings for a tasty snack, lunch or even breakfast.
Serves: 12Prep: 30 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 Original Yeast Dinner Roll Dough balls, thawed in the refrigerator overnight
- 2 quarts water
- 1 tbsp. molasses
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup Pizza Snack Sauce
- 3 cups Shredded Low-Moisture Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 packages (4 oz. each) Sliced Mini Pepperoni
- Line a baking sheet with lightly oiled parchment paper.
- Divide dough balls in half. Form each into a thin rope and pinch ends together to create a bagel. Place on prepared pan. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 30-45 minutes or until slightly puffed.
- Meanwhile, bring water, molasses and baking soda to a boil in a wide pan.
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Carefully drop bagels into boiling water. Cook for 1-2 minutes or bagels puff and outside dough looks sets, flipping halfway through. Transfer to parchment-lined pan.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely.
- Split bagels in half and place cut-side up on parchment-lined baking sheets. Top each with about 1 teaspoon pizza sauce, 1 tablespoon cheese and 3 pepperoni slices.
- Bake in a 425°F oven for 15-18 minutes or until bagels are toasted and cheese is melted.
- Refrigerate leftovers.