Murray’s Beer Cheese
A classic crowd-pleaser, this foolproof version of beer cheese spread can be made easily with Murray’s High Plains Cheddar and your favorite brown ale.
Serves: 8Prep: 1 hour 5 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound Murray’s High Plains Cheddar, grated
- 8 ounces brown ale, room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 pretzel rolls, cut into pieces
- In food processor, add all ingredients except beer and pretzel rolls. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Pour in ½ cup of beer, continue to blend mixture. Slowly add remaining beer, blending between each pour.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Before serving, toast pretzel rolls in the oven until warmed through. Serve with pretzel rolls or spread the beer cheese on sandwiches.