Organic Grapefruit and Asparagus Salad
Serve your friends and family this healthy and organic salad this holiday season. It’s deliciously fresh and is sure to be eye-catching at the dinner table with its bright colors.
Serves: 8Prep: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 pounds organic asparagus, cut into 2” pieces
- 1 medium organic grapefruit, peeled and cut into thin wedges, then cut in half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic™ Cane Sugar
- 1 tablespoon organic rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Unfiltered Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 container (4 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Feta Cheese Crumbles
- 3 tablespoons organic pistachios, shelled
- 2 tablespoons organic chives, chopped
- In a large pot, bring enough water to submerge the asparagus to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook until crisp-tender, 1-3 minutes. Pace asparagus in an ice bath. Once cooled, dry the asparagus with paper towels. Set aside in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, add 2 wedges of grapefruit and use a fork to extract juices. Strain juices into a measuring cup, then add the sugar, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Whisk until combined.
- Place the grapefruit pieces with the asparagus, then add the feta, pistachios and chives. Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.