Plant-Based Ginger Pear Cobbler
Sweet, juicy baked pears complemented by spicy ginger and warming nutmeg.
Serves: 8Prep: 20 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 medium ripe but firm pears, peeled and cut into ¼”-½” thick slices (about 2 lbs.)
- 1/2 cup plus 3 Tbsp. sugar, divided plus more for topping
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons crystalized ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup Simple Truth™ Unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk
- 1/4 cup plant or vegan butter, melted
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease a 2-quart baking dish and set aside.
- In a bowl, gently combine sliced pears, ½ cup sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, crystalized ginger, ground ginger, nutmeg and salt. Transfer to prepared pan.
- In the same bowl, combine flour, remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, melted plant or vegan butter and almond milk. Stir to form a thick batter.
- Pour batter over the surface of the pears. Sprinkle with additional sugar, if desired.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until top is golden brown and fruit is tender. Allow to stand at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.