Roasted Red Pepper Soup Shooters
Served as an appetizer or as a soup course, this colorful soup is full of flavor. It’s a vegan option, too.
Serves: 20Prep: 25 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Kroger® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 jars (15 oz. each) roasted red bell peppers, undrained
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Private Selection™ Thai Style Red Curry Powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 oz.) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- Heat 3-quart heavy saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir carrot, shallot and gingerroot in vegetable oil 5-6 minutes or until tender. Stir in bell peppers, lime juice, curry powder and salt. Heat to boiling. Simmer covered 5 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
- Puree pepper mixture in saucepan with immersion blender until smooth, or puree in batches in blender or food processor.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons coconut milk for garnish. Stir remaining coconut milk into soup. Heat through but do not boil.
- Divide mixture among small cups, shot glasses or bowls. Place a drop of reserved coconut milk on top of soup. Drag toothpick through soup to form heart. Serve immediately.