Salmon and Potato Chowder
This creamy chowder takes just minutes to prepare when you use salmon that’s already cooked.
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 pound baby potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup half and half, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces smoked salmon, broken into bite size pieces
- 2 teaspoons dill, chopped
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Sauté onion, celery and garlic until tender.
- Stir in potatoes, corn, broth, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Mix ¼ cup half and half with flour and add to hot soup, stirring constantly. Pour remaining half and half in the soup and add the smoked salmon.
- Cook until heated through. Garnish with fresh dill.
- Refrigerate leftovers.