Slow-Cooked BBQ Turkey Sliders
Turkey breast becomes an incredible sandwich filling when it’s slow cooked with barbecue sauce, raspberry jam, onion, chipotle and Dijon mustard. Served up on slider buns and topped with cheese and veggies, these mini sandwiches will satisfy!
Serves: 8Prep: 20 minutesCook: 8 hoursTotal: 8 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 turkey breast half (2-3 lbs.)
- 1 cup Original Barbecue Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chipotle en adobo, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 16 slider buns, split
- Fresh spinach leaves (optional)
- Sliced cheddar cheese (optional)
- Coleslaw (optional)
- Spray a 4-6 quart slow cooker insert with cooking spray.
- In prepared slow cooker, combine turkey, barbecue sauce, jam, onion, chipotle and mustard; cover. Cook 6 hours on HIGH or 8 hours on LOW until turkey is fork-tender and meat falls apart. With two forks, shred turkey meat.
- Spoon about ¼ cup shredded turkey on each bun. Top with remaining ingredients, as desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.